Sunday, December 6, 2009

The house blogger's creed

Preface: OK, I've gotten some confused responses to this, so bear in mind this is a parody of the "Rifleman's Creed."

This is my house blog. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My house blog is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My house blog, without me, is useless. Without my house blog, I am useless. I must post in my house blog true. I must blog more cleverly than any other blogger who is trying to outwit me. I must outsnark him before he spams me. I will....

My house blog and myself know that what counts in this battle of renovation is not the brand of drywall screws we use, the noise of our wet/dry vacuums, nor the construction dust we make. We know that it is the final product that counts. We will finish trim...

My house blog is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its features, its intricacies, its toolbars and its templates. I will keep my house blog clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed. My house blog and myself are the defenders of good design sense. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace, socialized medicine, outlaw of capital punishment, legal marriage for all, decriminalization of marijuana and free beer. And hopefully a nice house.

NB: This is my first post to this blog. I've backdated other posts to the time when the work described was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment